Tuesday, November 30, 2010

V-cards

It's twothirty am and I'm watching the videos on Pablo, my housemate's hard drive and thinking about how I was always taught in sex-ed that you should love the person you lose your virginity to. I suppose I kind of understand this - it's sorta special. But mostly just humiliating. Who wants to experience the awkward fumblings and feelings of complete incompetence with someone they actually have to converse with in the morning? I don't know, maybe the experience is completely different when you feel more than a mild attraction for the boy trying to schtick it to you.

It's all nice and well to be told that hymens are precious and must be saved for loved ones, but when it actually comes down to business don't you want to learn the birds and bees with someone you don't have to see again? Otherwise you'll always be reminded of the awkward moments before finally understanding where all the parts belong.

Maybe I just don't have enough sanctity for monogamous relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment