Thursday, November 4, 2010

Texts with a Friend

Friend: These kids are such dicks. They're so preoccupied with being indie? Apparently they haven't heard of making fun of hipsters yet.

Me: Indie? That's so five years ago.

Friend: Well these kids are fourteen, so apparently it's six years ago. Why didn't I get drunk before coming? I really need a flask.

Me: Shouldn't they be ahead of us? Because they're six years younger and find stuff cool that we think is cool, but when we were their age the stuff we found cool is now uncool to them? And us.

Friend: That must be why the find me uncool then? 'Cause I was cool in school? Yeah?

Me: Are you saying you follow trends that were cool when we were in school rather than whats cool now? I need a drink.

Friend: I'm confused. I need one too.

Mission accomplished.

1 comment: