Thursday, November 11, 2010

Adele's Thoughts on Exchange

Back in May when I first decided I wanted to go on exchange (about two weeks before the cut off date) I presented the idea to my mother who was initially somewhat unenthusiastic. This is what she said to me:

Adele: But aren't you scared to live in a country on your own for six months?
Me: Well yeah a bit. But if I never did anything because I was a little bit scared I'd sit in my room watching 30 Rock for the rest of my life. And, Mum, they're going to stop making episodes at some point.

Later on, once I'd already applied and the likelihood of me spending six months on my own in another country became more of a reality I started toying with the idea of staying in The States after semester and travelling for as long as my visa would allow me. Mother understood my desire to travel and was quite encouraging, apart from this:

Adele: You're not allowed to fall in love with an American and not come home. We've lost enough family members to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment