Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ageist

Recently I've been researching masters degrees in America, and getting really stressed out that I'll a) lost my social life and b) be really old by the time I get to do my masters. These are actually things that have gone through my mind:


- What if my fellow masters students don't like to get drunk mid-week?
- What if there is no time to get drunk mid-week?
- By the time I'll be finished my masters degree (and may or may not be finished with tertiary education - depending on if I find a job I like or not) I will be like. 27 or 28. That means I would have wasted from the age of eighteen to twenty eight on university. Even worse, on gender studies. My youth will be behind me.
- What if masters students in New York don't smoke weed?

See? I'm not worried I won't get in or that moving to a different country will be scary slash incredibly expensive. I'm worried I won't be able to get inordinately drunk mid-week, pass out on a friends couch and wake up, go to class, smoke a joint, write some thesis.

Maybe it's easier for me to stay in Melbourne..

2 comments:

  1. i don't think you're going to have to worry about masters students not smoking weed in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thank goodness! NY 2014 it is.

    ReplyDelete