Monday, February 14, 2011

The Home-Land/My Family

Those of you who don't know, my family lives in Santiago. That's in Chile, South America by the way (for some reason I find it necessary to remind people of this. Probably because I'm terrible at geography and until recently didn't know that Bolivia is in South America. Not the Middle East) Anyway they're back in Perth for a week or two so I'm here to meet and greet and remind myself that I didn't fly into Melbourne via stalk.

So anyway, my sister and I had a week of sisterly bonding to do before Mum got here. We spent most of it arguing, but we also managed to break the pool pump. It now has a layer of algae growing on the surface and reminds me of when the Swan River grows deadly algae and we're all told not to swim in it. The dog likes to drink out of it, though - so at least we've pleased someone (regardless of the fact that by drinking from the algae and cockroach infested waters he may very well die).

Here's a few other things that happened:

- I died my hair a feral pink-colour. Which - according to my sweet, darling younger sister - made it look like I was losing my hair.
- I shaved it again. Which is surprisingly therapeutic - which is probably why some people shave it all off when they have post-traumatic stress. When we lived on the Cocos Islands Mum hated her job, so her, Alex and I paraded around with shaved heads. I shall try to find a photo for you.
- I dropped my sister off at Murray St (for those of you who don't know it's a place to go out in Perth). Apart from a bunch of drunk teenagers thinking that I was a taxi, it made me feel old. I actually fretted over her getting drunk and being abused by some sweaty eighteen-year-old boy in baggy jeans and a v-neck white t-shirt.
- I heard a lot about Alex's love(r). Last time she stayed with Mary and Trev (parents - Chile) she met this guy that we call Rollerblader because apparently he's the third best rollerblader in the country. In addition he doesn't speak any english - according to Alex they're in love regardless. Apparently they google translate emails with each other.
- Failed to pee on command for a urine test. Got to carry a cup and later a cup of pee around with me whilst I spent the afternoon trying to piss slash lamenting the seven viles of blood that were stolen from my body.
- Spent half an hour fretting over the fact that the urine test might be checking for drugs. Which they would invariably find. Only to be told by Mary that they were only looking for sugar in my pee.
- I made a lot of trips to the local shopping center Karrinyup and managed to get away without running into anyone.

That is all,

Evilboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment