Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Infans

Ingredients:

Development Psychologist
Free Access to frequent MRIs (once a month or thereabouts)
One or more Parent(s)
One Teacher
One Psychoanalyst

Literature:

Lacan
Freud
A lot of Child Psychology
Some neuroscience
Theories of subjectivity pertaining to at least three different schools of thought.

Method:

To attempt to return to what Lacan calls the 'infans' stage - to a mode of being like a baby's in which I forego my subjectivity for a period of time and dissolve my self-hood in relation to Others - I would first need to engage in a relationship with my Parent(s) that excludes discourse. I could either:

1. Immediately cut myself off from the outside world and only interact with my Parent(s). No use of language would be permitted. My Parent(s) would have to engage on a pre-determined regiment of feeding, bathing, changing diapers etc. I would be confined to a house/room in which only myself and Parent(s).

2. Slowly eliminate aspects of my cognitive behaviour. For example disengage with greetings, followed by goodbyes followed by particular words, actions until I forget completely how to speak and act the way I and Others expect me to.

Both these scenarios would require a period of about three years in order to forget discourse altogether (or not at all depending on the experiment's success) and then a slow period of re-engaging myself with language and theoretically re-configuring my subjectivity.

Queries? Ideas?

Future-Evilboy Salutes You.

1 comment:

  1. Go heavy on the neuroscience.
    Elsewise: l'art pour l'art?

    ReplyDelete