Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This really happened

I'm back in Brunswick amongst the crazies and I have a question for you. Do Schizophrenic people sometimes commit murder when the voices tell them to or does that just happen in the movies? I don't intend this to be inconsiderate, but here's what I witnessed this morning:


I woke up at like 6am (maybe jetlag will help me sort my life out with all this extra morning-time) and fucked around for a few hours. Then I wrote a shopping list and jumped on my bike to get to Barkly square (those who have been to my house will know that I didn't really need to be on a bike - I'm just lazy and don't like to carry things a few hundred meters) - I forgot my helmet but couldn't be fucked turning back for it. Anyway I reached the intersection of Brunswick and Sydney roads and crossed to the seven eleven. It was only after I reached the other side that I noticed the man wobbling on the side of the road. I figured he was just high so I didn't perceive him to be a threat until he started talking to himself. He said:

"I won't do it, Jack! No, Jack - fuck off!"

I figured it was kind of sad/funny (lets call it Fad), but nonplussed until he yelled really loudly:

"LOOK AT HER FACE, JACK! I WON'T DO IT, LOOK AT HER FUCKING FACE!!"

I should probably mention that I was the only person standing at the lights, and suddenly had a flash-daydream in which he pulled out a gun from his jacket and shot me. Or worse, a knife.

So I ask you - dangerous or just harmlessly deranged? Mentally ill or just high? (or both, I suppose). Maybe the girl he was talking about was just another personality in his head. Maybe he's like Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind? In which case I should have flirted with him and he might have shown my some stars or done an equation that makes me a lot of money.

What do you think?

Evilboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment