Sunday, May 22, 2011

People who make me feel little #2

I've been reading a cooking blog that has made me feel entirely useless whilst using an oven. To be honest I don't think I've used our oven more than once (or twice if you count packet-chips) and the only thing I'm capable of baking is a Donna Hay chocolate and raspberry pudding. It's known for being pretty fucking fabulous, but I think I'm incapable of baking like this woman.

Her name is Rosie, she buys vintage home-wares and she has two beautiful children. After spending a girls night out (which I have done more than once in a month, believe it or not) talking about children and child-birth, I feel as though she's a good candidate for this post.

I often wonder why I continue to live the life the way I do when there are prettier and more dignified ways to exist. I just did a round-a-bout on my 'cocaine chair' (a big white swivel desk chair that I like to pretend is my drug-dealer chair) and found approximately four dirty dishes (courtesy of ikea) and an half-empty packet of fantales (which break my teeth every time I try to get through one). Also there is a vacuum cleaner (which I did use!) and numerous piles of dirty clothing. I feel as though if my life was more like Rosie's I would be:

a) far more productive,
b) a hot ma-ma
c) capable of producing a meal from ingredients
d) able to breast feed
e) an entrepreneur
f) happier.

I know happiness is all impossible to define and that I will probably look back at these days as the glory days, but if I could just see my floor life would be far easier to comprehend.

I'm in the process of writing Rosie an email telling her all of this. In a manner that doesn't seem to stalker-esque or trashy.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me feel less bad about my room.

    Dirty saucepan, open jar of pickles, empty alcohol bottles, stack of dirty dishes- week old, stolen furniture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry, your room is fine. Last night I discovered that I'm sharing my room with a small brown mouse.

    ReplyDelete