Friday, April 1, 2011

People Who Make me Feel Little #1

Um, does Tavi Gevinson depress anyone**? Is that just me?

When I look back at when I was fourteen, I think I was wearing billabong boardies and a roxie top lamenting the fact that I had to go on a family holiday to Esperance. Instead she's writing beautiful posts on existential crises and what constitutes her identity and getting mail from Romance Was Born.

Even though I spend a great amount of time running around University like a boozed-up, sexless undergrad student lamenting identity politics and claiming that sexualities are discursively produced, I kind of wish that Tavi could come along and tell me all about my identity and analyse my obsession for Jean Paul Gaultier/androgynous fashions. She could even give me some writing tips.

I would totally reevaluate my outlook on life for Tavi. She makes me feel like a teenager desperate to die my hair because it's the only thing I can legally change drastically enough to make people see me differently.

**are you completely oblivious to internet trends? Tavi writes the blog Style Rookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment