Thursday, June 16, 2011

Itchy. Bed bugs?

I'm in Santiago with Sian, whom has recently caught the travel bug. She has become a couch surfer convert and is in the process of writing reviews of the people who hosted her in New Orleans. I've been particularly helpful and wrote my own draft of her experience. It's all true and plays an important role in my decision to save for accommodation.


A review of couch surfing hosts in New Orleans:


I enjoyed staying with These People. They picked me up from the airport and from there my time in the south was a hoot! I was so enamoured with the place that I offered to clean up their pittbull's explosive diarrhea, my hosts were so pleased that the smell had abated they placated me with empty promises of a night out.

Unfortunately Sarah is severely depressed about the fact that she is currently unemployed and has developed a severe case of chronic fatigue, which is also related to her severe exchema. This means that she is awake approximately four hours a day. Recipe for a bit of loneliness, but if you free the three puppies from their small cages they will be sure to befriend you.

People seem to have alternative lifestyles in this city. When I arrive they did not provide me with any bedding and seemed entirely uninterested in having anything analogous to what I would consider 'fun'.

Best of all, I finally managed to get the travelers bug. I will forever remember my time spent in New Orleans. Mostly because some of the bite marks will be forever imprinted upon my skin.




Expect a post on South America, but be patient. My main priority is to drink my daily pisco sour.


Hasta luego!

EvilboyinChile.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to point out that some parts of this have been grossly exaggerated. Although most of it is true.

    ReplyDelete